Sunday, May 12, 2013

that day

For years I have dreaded this day....... The frustrating thing?

It comes every single year.

Mother's Day....

It started with losing my Mother. Then going through infertility and miscarriages, through a failed private adoption, and the grand finale was parenting my adopted children that did not love me, and celebrating THAT on Mother's Day.

Well. This year took me by surprise.

For the past four years, my way of celebrating was to be as far away from my children as possible. Take a bath, have a glass of wine. I wanted the house to myself.

What a strange feeling it was for me today to actually ..... want ..... to be with my children. I was a bit stunned.

For the past three weeks we have had a therapist living with us. We flew her here from the states.

It has been AH MAY ZING!

I have learned so much. We've been to, and through, hell and back..... I've been barely able to put one foot in front of the other.

We have been doing "wrap around therapy" which is basically working with us as individuals, working with the kids, and parenting coaching (huge nutshell).

We have a long, difficult road ahead of us, that is for certain...... but, today? I'm feeling a little bit more sturdy.

The medication helps too.

xo
K.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Having a therapist live with you is huge! I've never heard of that happening before. I really hope and pray that it gives you long lasting change within your family.
Happy Mother's Day. You still deserve the relaxing time too!
Beth

Capescrapper said...

Happy Mother's Day Kristin! Miss you and hope you are finding a bit of peace today knowing that you are doing a great job! God Bless :) BIG HUGS!

Alexine Thompson-de Benoit said...

Kristin,
In case you don't know it yet, you are my hero. I can't even imagine what you go through each day, and the way you write about it, how you choose to love, to not take it personally, blows my mind. My son wrote me a card today and said "even though you are lazy, I still love you", and that had me sobbing for 3 hours. I totally took it personally, because his version of my lazy is me not playing with him. I could never do what you are doing and I think you must have some superwoman genes. I know you don't feel that way, but I'm just saying, I think you are the most courageous and resilient moma I know. I hope this season is one that brings hope, healing and restoration for your whole family. Hugs

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...