Sunday, April 14, 2013

all in

I realized something this morning.

I've been trying.

Which, generally, sounds like a great thing.

Try your best. Give it your best shot. Trying our best is the best we can do.

I did not realize that there is a flaw in that.

There is a difference between trying and being committed.

When I "try" ..... I can leave when the going gets rough.

When I am "committed" I am all in. I give it my all. I take my stubborn, red headed, crazy, maniac self, and I don't let go.

I have been trying like heck to raise these kids.

Rather than...

being COMMITTED to raising MY kids.

See the difference?

I do.

Now I've just got to make a commitment.

xo
K.

1 comment:

Trails of Grace said...

Thanks for continuing to share. You are often in my thoughts and prayers. Hang on.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...