and a hurricane.
and an earthquake.
and a tornado.
The earthquake I didn't actually feel (thankfully).
The tornado sirens..... and voices through the loud speakers urging us to take immediate cover/shelter ..... right at the end of my road ..... Well. I slept through those (good to know I'm alert and ready to spring into action if necessary).
The hurricane..... I was awake for that one - and we felt it.
PRAISE THE LORD after JUST ABOUT 48 hours, we have power back again.
We were really prepared (I tend to over prepare)..... I have a couple of things I'd tweak if we have another one of these bad boys (or "girls" as was the case with Irene)..... For instance, since ice in a cooler melts.... I'd have all my containers in my cooler - be TALL - containers. I'd also try to protect whatever it was I was putting in there from getting water logged. Ice melts fast - even in a cooler - when you're in NC - and it's a bazillion degrees - in the house and outside.
We did great.
The kids did great.
The kids even enjoyed their very cold bath before bed tonight.... (the power didn't come on until well after bedtime).
My kids aren't run of the mill children.
They were laughing saying THIS IS FUN while I was pouring the cold water over them.
I'm so glad it's over. So glad we survived.
And
So glad another week is done.
xo
K.
No comments:
Post a Comment