Wednesday, April 7, 2010

parking lots

I checked our mail today. This is not something I do daily because I have to go over to the barracks to get it, and it's only open on certain days, during certain hours.... It's also up a flight of stairs, so WHEN I do it, I tend to do it when I don't have the children in tow..... and..... when I remember to.

Anyway.

I got the mail today.

It was all junk mail except for one envelope.

An envelope from our (better be super star) CA attorney.

I opened the envelope, expecting to see a significant bill for our hearing.

I opened the envelope.

And looked at the two paged invoice.

I thought I was reading it wrong.

I kept staring at it.

Reading it.

Over

and

over

and over.

I was stunned.

When that wore off,

I was in shock.....

and when that wore offf.....

I got in the car and started to cry.....

The bill was huge.

I mean.

Huge.

I have contemplated actually putting the amount out there, (to you all),

and I think I should,

because,

it is shocking.

I think it's safe to say that - it's more than you're thinking it is.

We received a bill for just under $10,000.00.

This bill is beyond the retainer, (which was used up a while ago),

and beyond the few bills we've paid (in full) SINCE the retainer.

This bill is for the hearing, travel to the hearing (including a flight and lodging), and prep work for the hearing.

I know God will provide,

I just feel..... so.... (totally and completely) overwhelmed right now.

My eyes are leaking (that's what I call it when I'm not full on crying, but, I can't stop the...... "leaking")......

T is away for three days, so we won't sit down with our "plan" until he gets back......

So, here it is......

I need you to pray for us. Like - seriously - pray for us.

Also -

I need you to share our story. Tell your friends and family. Share our blog link. Get the word out.

Please lift us up and pray that the Lord continues to guide and provide.

Until then, I will seek, google, and search.....

I will pray and ask and look....

Until -

This is - yet another -

Victory.

xo
K.

1 comment:

Richele said...

praying, leaking, donating, sending tissue ... we're here. all of us. for all of you.

you have a team, a great big team, a winning team. loves!

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...