Thursday, April 15, 2010

droplets of water

When we are searching for peace. When we're aiming at it....

We need to pay attention.

Peace can come in small moments.

Tiny moments.

Hold on to them.

Don't miss them.

I have to say that I have noticed my moments of peace.

They started little.

Brief, tiny, respites.

Through nobody's fault but my own really (the smallness of the moments).

That being said, I held onto them.

And now I'm noticing, they are getting better.

My peace is lasting for longer stretches.

It is truly - COMPLETELY - about - giving it over

and over

and over

to God.

Every time the waves roll in I have to stop and ask for God's strength.

I need to remember what I said I was going to do.

(Treat everything (and everybody) that comes into my life, as if God, Himself, put it there personally)

(Choose peace)

and do it.

I do that a lot lately.

Remind myself.

Check in with God.

Ask for strength.

For peace.

It's helping.

The tidal type waves take me a bit longer to get through. It seems that I let them knock me over and then I ask God to pick me up. I have to shake off, catch my breath, and get the sand out of my bathing suit.

When I see the wave, before it hits me, I take a deep breath and remember that God can easily catch the wave in my place. I let Him take the brunt of it and I stand behind Him. Shielded.

Seeing the water stream past me in millions of shiny droplets.

Both of these are OK for me.

The first helps me to learn, and I know I'm stronger for it.

The second is breathtaking and amazing. I am still amazed whenever I allow the Lord's peace to wash over me.

I feel like a strong, untouchable pillar.

Right now, in the midst of the crashing waves, I'm feeling peace.

I'm feeling a combination of things because while I'm shaking sand out of my suit, I am also feeling like I'm in my strong tower.

The ocean is powerful.

And beautiful.

Ah, which reminds me.....

I'd like to share something beautiful my friend K wrote about sea glass. She wrote it to me to encourage me, and boy, did it.

See below:

"it is glass
this incredibly fragile stuff
it gets absolutely battered
and when it's found
the people who find it love how beautiful it is as a result of its abuse
and you know what?
you can't break it anymore"

That sounds to me a lot like God's refining process.

At the end of this - we will be beautiful creatures. So strong and shiny.....

Unbreakable.

xo
K.

2 comments:

Trails of Grace said...

Amen! He tells us in Isaiah 4 that when we pass through the waters He will be with us and when we pass through the rivers , they will NOT sweep us over!

Karyn said...

Oh, how I love you. xo

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...