The wave pulls back bits of glass, rocks, broken shells and countless grains of sand... Pulling back to a crescendo… up… up… cresting… white capped, stretching along the top… foaming as it crashes down, like thunder.
Stretching back out along the shore, circling my ankles.
I look down at what remains, gathering broken memories, now treasures. I grab them quickly, before the next wave comes in.
Broken pieces, that were once new… full of hope… Whole…
Now, frosted over…
A different type of beauty now.
I breathe it in. Let it wash over me. It pulls the heaviness away from me, off my shoulders, out of my hurting heart.
Takes it away…
I exhale.
Foaming, crashing…
The thoughts once swirling in my mind, now swirling at my feet, being taken out to the sea…
Lost.
Away.
Breathe.
In. Out.
Ebbing, flowing…
Greens, browns, and frosted whites catch my eye… With my flawed eyesight I see them, and I know He sees me. He sees my heaviness and my hurting.
I grab them quickly. My treasures. My proof that every tiny, broken piece matters.
Every piece is beautiful.
The sea comes back in, swirling, washing, turning the shoreline up and over again…
Spots of brown and white, broken, with smooth edges. Once a home to a living creature, its original shape is unknown to me… moved by its beauty, I put it in my bag.
Broken. Unrecognizable.
A treasure.
It was meant to change. To be new and whole, then broken… and beautiful…
Valuable.
I sit, look out towards the horizon.
I feel it’s power washing over me.
I let it take me away…
I wait… until …
I can stand, and walk again.
XO
No comments:
Post a Comment