Thursday, September 5, 2019

heard.

Somewhere in Rhode Island, I was finding my way back. Trying to pull myself out of the grief of our third miscarriage, a failed adoption, and a recent move.

There were nights that my sobs just .... shook me. Loud cries out to God ... to the world ... I remember one night specifically. I let out a wail of despair...

A woman screaming in heart pain ... the sounds going out into the night sky ... Not sure how far they reached...

In Berkley CA another woman was screaming in pains of labor ... as she birthed a baby boy and a baby girl ...

Their screams went out into the sky ... announcing their arrival...

It's strange isn't it? How these moments happen all around us. Every step, every interaction, every breath... every tear ... all connecting...

Far reaching, interwoven.

I'm not sure when I became a Mother. Was it April 24, 2004? September 5, 2007, the day we were matched, the day we met, the day I heard "Mom"...

I do know that so much was happening all around me, and I had no idea.

I didn't know my screams were heard.

All of our screams were heard.

xo
K.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

❤������������

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...