Wednesday, March 20, 2019

the 20th

Ten years ago today we met our kids.

I just went through the blog a bit ... scrolling through .... clicking through the years, the months, the weeks, the days ...

Clicking to the joy of being matched, the chaos of those days when we waited for all the clearances to leave the state of California ...

Clicking through so many pictures.

Click ... holidays

Click ... birthdays

Click ... deployments

Click ... new babies being born that we wanted to adopt (How come more people didn't tell me I was crazy? Seriously. I think only a couple of you spoke up)

Click ... therapy

Click ... hope

Click ... so much struggle

Click ... the year mark of T's diagnosis??? What??? Yup that's on the 20th too. Never realized that before now.

Anyway. Ten years.

I think it's safe to say that life has not been predictable up over here. God's faithfulness ... now that's another story. His faithfulness IS predictable, and I need to remember that.

I'm still standing because of Him.

A little update .... J has his ups and downs .... the RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder) is being "managed" pretty well though. We are grateful every day for God's "abundantly more" with where J is, the people who's care he's under and for the progress he's made. He is very loved. M is kind of .... holding steady these days ... The people who's care SHE is under are just .... well, they truly are the hands and feet of God. The work they do is incredible and the love they give is unconditional. It's definitely a calling. M isn't ... "getting better" yet ... but, she is SO in the exact place she needs to be, and if she chooses to get better, she can, there. We are so thankful for the entire staff. K is thriving ... doing well in school, loving the weather as Spring breaks in so that he and Dad can mountain bike... He just finished practicing his flute. We are feeling pretty darn normal today.

We were definitely meant to adopt these kids, and you guys are part of the miracle. Part of the rescue (for all of us, more than once) ... Ten years ago I never could have predicted this (like, even with 1000 guesses)... but, you know what? It's OK. :)

xo
K.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You have had an amazing journey, 143

My name is April. said...

I love you guys. I love praying for you guys.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...