Typically, at least where we go, there is a big song on the last chemo day. All the nurses and the tech folks have maracas and they sing "Hit the road Jack, don'tcha come back no more..." Colon cancer chemo is kind of weird in that you leave your "last chemo day" with a chemo pump.... So WEDNESDAY is TECHNICALLY the last day. Wednesday will be the "celebration" ... I know this because our nurse took me aside and asked if I could come.
Of course I can.
It occurs to me now that this is "over"... that I have to actively make a choice ...
To live again.
Because for the past six and a half months I've been surviving.
On December 20th cancer came in like a thief and stole my heart. My joy. My freedom. My ability to breathe. It stole my ability to day dream about the future.
Today I look around at pieces scattered everywhere and start to pick them up ...
It's time for hope to be restored.
Faith to be renewed.
It's time to learn how to walk again.
To breathe again.
To live again.
XO
K.
No comments:
Post a Comment