Standing. Waves crashing around me. The mist of the sea all over me.
I don't know if He called me here, or if He met me here. I only know that He is here. That He has been here the whole time. That He was here before I was.
He calls me deeper still, further into the waves, away from the shoreline, into the storm. I can't see much at all, so I follow the sound of His voice, reaching for Him as He extends His hand.
My plan is to grab hold, as tightly as I can, but, as I do, I realize my grip is nothing compared to His. And my hand, it's so small. My hand is completely enveloped by His.
As I plan to hang on to Him - He grabs me with such power, with such strength, I am left to just ... let Him take me into His embrace.
In His embrace, I am brave.
I am walking on the waves of the storm, IN the storm, with Him.
Bravely.
Looking all around me I realize there is no shoreline in sight. I'm unable to tell if it's just beyond my vision, or if it's not even that close.
I don't know if I will ever see the shoreline again, and I don't know how long I will be here, in the storm.
I only know He has me. He always has.
And if it takes being in raging storms to feel this close to Him ... then it's worth it, because there is nothing so sweet, and there is nothing so safe... as being in a storm with Him.
He makes me brave.
xo
K.
No comments:
Post a Comment