The boys were heading out the door. It was "Donuts with Dad" morning at school in the anticipation of Father's Day. (And, No. No donuts for the Dad in this house. Sorry. But, we are a "yes" for attendance).
Looking at our son, realizing he didn't have a jacket on, I quickly checked the weather for rain... I rattled off the entire 10 day forecast temps and the likely hood, or not, of rain, because we have some outdoor stuffed planned for the weekend. I said something along the lines of "the chances of rain aren't much at all" as they walked out the door.
And inside of me.
Everything came to a halt.
The numbers. The percentages. 40% 30% 50% 60% The chances of rain.
The chances of survival.
And suddenly everything merged and collided inside my mind. Inside my heart.
My mind was actually such a mess that I couldn't even make sense of anything, which ended up being a good thing because fear couldn't get a grip on this crazy lady.
I hopped in the shower because I had too much to accomplish to be stopped in my tracks.
In the grocery store I wandered through the produce section feeling peace surrounded by fruits and vegetables (is that weird?)...
Today I had planned to make another big batch of broth... washing, chopping, filling the pot with water, my insides calmed down.
It's not the vegetables. I know this. God is bigger than kale.
He's bigger than percentages as well. He's bigger than survival rates and chemo side effects.
He is bigger than which eating route we've decided on.
He's bigger than the essential oil we forgot to apply.
He's bigger than the arugula we forgot to rinse.
He is so much bigger.
And I am convinced now more than ever that it is as "easy" as giving it all to Him. Over and over again.
When this all started, someone shared an encouraging "survivor" story and said "Cancer could not thwart God's plan" for this friend of theirs. Because. God is bigger.
I don't know what the future holds, or more specifically, what God's plan is, but, I know that cancer and survival rates don't interfere with it. They will only add to it. Because God uses everything.
I can't see much ahead... but, I know there will be beauty in it.
Whether the rain comes, or whether it doesn't. God is bigger.
xo
K.
1 comment:
143
Post a Comment