We got the pathology results. They are not what we were hoping for. Stage III C. We were given survival rates (which are much better than those you will find on a google search because they are specific to this exact biology).
Honestly I'm still numb. We got the news about four hours ago and I'm still warm from it.
We sat on the couch for over an hour.
And I'm sitting here at the computer without words.
A million things running through my mind.
So many questions.
People have been asking us what they can do to help, and honestly, we have pretty big stuff going on right now. The truth is, we could use some help, and I'm ready to ask.
We were in the midst of planning to move our daughter from the current place she is in (where she is "...beyond the scope of our care.") to another place (where they have seen far worse and are sure they can help). We have hired a transport service to do this for us, because we can't (as soon as we would be cleared to travel, chemo begins). Who knew this sort of thing existed? I sure didn't. Unfortunately it is not cheap when you consider the travel involved to get to her, and to the airport and to where she is going, and back, and for their time and expertise in the whole thing. We had friends offer to move her for us, but, the reality is, it's not that easy to take a minor that isn't yours, somewhere, and return without them in tow. You can get arrested for that sort of thing if you don't have proper paperwork and experience.
Those of you who have been with us more than ten years remember that long ago we put a "donate" button on this blog to help with the cost of the adoption trial. Well, we are asking for help again. The weight of us getting our daughter to where she needs to be is heavy, and if you feel led to donate to that, we would be eternally grateful. And if you can't, that is fine too. God has always provided, and I'm covering all bases here, in case He is planning on using you in the process.
xo
K.
No comments:
Post a Comment