Friday, January 12, 2018

He sees

Before all of "this" started...our youngest son lost his "Gizmo" which is a cellphone watch that we had gotten him just over a year ago. He didn't tell us he had lost it, and he was a little too...cavalier about it all. So after a lot of consideration we decided we really did need to give him a consequence for that. He already wants an actual cell phone (um, hi) and we needed to teach him that we can't just lose things without there being an impact. So, he was devastated when he heard that he would need to give us $75 of his saved money (half the original cost). And we were too. Parenting correctly is hard.

It's also hard when the consequence comes in the middle of all of this. (It started before but, he was given a few opportunities to ask around at school and look thoroughly, so when all was said and done, we were in the midst of the crap storm that we are currently in). But. Trying to keep life as normal as possible, we kept on parenting.

OK. So you have the background.

Tonight this sweet, light-of-our-life child, was sitting at the kitchen counter and I asked him how he was doing. He is very internal, and really needs to be asked. He said, "Life just keeps getting better" (sarcastically, and I'm to thank for that unfortunately). He started to make a list. "First it was...(listing his birthmother, and his brother and sister having to go away for help)...and now cancer." Honestly I don't remember my response because I myself am all over the place mentally, but, it was something along the lines of agreeing with him. It's hard, and yes, he has been through way too much for a ten year old boy. Then he was back into his iPad and I let him go there...trying not to push too hard.

We decided to let him stay up a little bit later tonight to watch a movie together.

During a commercial he was standing by the couch and said, "Mom, you're going to kill me." He turned and held up his Gizmo. It had been in between the couch cushions all this time, at least a month!

I said to him "This is God showing you that He has you buddy. He hasn't forgotten you. He heard what you said at the counter and He is showing you that He has got you". The smile on his face...he was on cloud nine (and making non-stop fart noises with his hand and arm pit) as we tucked him in (after giving him the money back).

I am thankful for a God that even in His HUGENESS - takes the time to show our son HE IS HERE.

And by showing our son? He reminded the two of us as well.

Keep praying - Keep believing for complete healing for us please.

xo
K.

2 comments:

Jackie K said...

Tears AND Smiles! He is a GOOD God and I believe in thunderclouds with lovely SILVER linings!! Prayers for you ALL...

Anonymous said...

I remember when you talked about these writings you had done. What you said to me in our trauma training class has stuck with me. You are an amazing writer. I wish we didn't live so far away. I wish I could give you big hugs right now. You are my sister and always will be. Sometimes you may feel alone but to remember God is always there is the best thing ever. Thank you for reminding me of this. Love you K!!

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...