Wednesday, September 2, 2015

eyes adjusted

This morning on my walk I saw something.

I saw a boy. A really young boy. Who once knew happiness. He didn't know it for long. But. He knew it. If only for a short time. (at least i think he knew it. in reality, i will never know)

One day this little boy's happiness was gone. Just. Gone.

He searched and searched but couldn't find it.

He tried to create it. And for a while that worked. Well. Let me rephrase that. To other people - for other people - it worked. Because the boy looked happy. (happy - enough). I'm not sure if the boy was ACTUALLY happy.

When the boy was unable to create it, he tried with all his might to WILL it into existence.

Still. Nothing.

It was if the light (however little it was) in his little, young, life.... had been snuffed out.

I saw this boy in a dark room.

I saw that his eyes eventually adjusted to the darkness.

He got used to the dark. So used to it that he could actually see. In the dark.

He could function. Move around. Completely and totally exist. In the dark.

One day a woman came and tried to turn the light on.

Upset and confused..... and unable to see...... the boy quickly turned out the light.

He couldn't see in the light.

His eyes had adjusted to the darkness. Completely.

The woman tried and tried..... and tried..... to turn on the light.

The boy just couldn't ........

See with it on.

He was so used to the darkness. His eyes had so COMPLETELY adjusted to the darkness that was his life......

He

Couldn't

See

in the light.

The woman realized that she wasn't able to turn the light on for the boy.

He needed someone much more powerful than her.

The boy needed Him.

The creator. The one who created him. The one who has a hope and a future planned for him. The one who can do abundantly more that we could ever ask for or imagine. The one who can redeem, restore, and make whole - anything - and anyone.

The boy needed His light. Not hers.

So. She cried. Cried. and cried some more.

and she is still.....

crying.

Walking with His lamp, guiding her feet.

xo
K.

2 comments:

Capescrapper said...

Gosh you are an amazingly beautiful writer. I pray that He shows him the light and he is finally able to walk in it with you. HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Crying and praying for these lost boys of now and then...may they embrace His gracious and ever abundant light and find refuge in His love. Hugs my brave amazing friend....

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...