Saturday, April 18, 2015

whose pain is it anyway?

I found out some pretty horrible news today.... News that concerns a friend of a friend. I know this woman, and think she is quite wonderful, we just don't know each other well.

When I heard of her devastating news I started sobbing. Pain filled me.

Suddenly I was consumed. Heart broken.

Heavy.

Distracted.

Then I wondered.

Am I feeling her pain or my own?

I think I'm feeling both. Like it's this woven tapestry of hurt and pain that overlaps and connects us....all, tying us to one another.

I can feel part of her pain, because part of her pain is part of my pain.

And.....

It's horrible and beautiful all at once.

Because God is going to use my pain to help her through her pain....... Because of my past, her present is at the front of my mind, causing me to pray for her peace and strength, every. few. minutes.

God gives us that kind of prayer coverage. Without our knowledge of it.

Quite remarkable isn't it? That He will use everything, all the time, for His glory and His goodness.

Overlapping, interwoven, pain, that connects us all, making us into a beautiful work of art.

xo
K.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a blessing and a curse that we empathize with eachother. I think anytime there is grief (our own or shared with others), the brain brings our own grief into it. It's natural.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...