At first I "blamed" the behavior that seemed a lot like regression on the holiday season...... then (because I'm so calm and rational) I decided that we had not progressed or healed AT ALL and we were all where we were five years ago, and all the prayer in the world - with all the therapy in the world - wasn't going to help us. We were a hopeless cause. I was a failure. Pass me the wine. I give up.
Yeah. So. That's why you haven't heard from me in a while.
I've been having myself a big, huge, pity party.
What?
Anyway......
I had a talk with one of our therapists yesterday.
And I feel better.
Be quiet.
We work with three different therapists and they are all phenomenal ...... They all have their separate strengths, and they all work with attachment issues, and adopted kiddos.
And.
They are all in NC.
And.
That is where we are moving this Summer.
Hope is on the horizon........
We've done OK here. But. We are ready to be back "home" ..... where help is readily available.
I need therapy - our kids need therapy. And it needs to happen on a regular basis......
So, here's hoping for perseverance over these next few months......
I'll keep my eyes on the horizon.....
xo
K.
1 comment:
K been missing your updates. Sorry to hear what you have been going through. Happy to hear that you are coming "home". As always I keep you and your family in my prayers. xoxo
Post a Comment