Sunday, February 16, 2014

is it me

or does this NOT make any sense at all?

We say things like:

It's an uphill battle

It's like swimming upstream

I used to walk to school and it was uphill both ways

They're in a downward spiral

Snowball effect

It's all downhill from here

They're over the hill.

Um.

OK.

To me..... that seems like up or down, it's bad either way.

Right?

In reality ......

hiking up a mountain?

Is breathtaking.

It's hard....

there are pains

aches

injuries

cuts

bruises

sometimes scars that never fade......

BUT

when we reach the summit?

It is the best feeling in the world.

Getting OVER the hill?

It's just.....

wonderful.

Going DOWN the hill?

It's easy!

I've been feeling like our oldest has been snowballing...... (as "they" say).....

and now?

He's coming back up the hill.....

and it's a GOOD thing.

In my mind......

(and it's a crazy place to be)

up OR down......

it's all beneficial.

It's NOT bad either way.....

it's MEANINGFUL both ways....

xo
K.

1 comment:

Capescrapper said...

Love this post K! And you are so right, life is full of ups and downs and all of them are meaningful. It is all part of the journey.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...