Friday, June 21, 2013

coming around again

Yesterday and today I woke up.....

......

happy.

I used to wake up happy. A lot.

But.

Just over four years ago, when we went from two, to five, overnight......

My world turned upside down and inside out.

Looking back (and not too far back mind you) I see more clearly (like we all do) at just what a broken mess I was ......

But.

I'm getting there. WE'RE getting there. Baby step by baby step by baby step.

As long as I can breathe, I will have hope.

We are laughing more. Crying less. Yelling less. (biting, hiting, spitting, kicking, slapping and punching.... less).

We are limping, but, we are moving forward.

Fits are shorter. Anger is less angry. Words are nicer. Mean words are less mean.

Laughs are louder, eyes are brighter, hugs are tighter.

For those of you praying. Don't stop. Ever. There is a battle in the heavenlies over these children. Let's win it.

This song is stuck in my head, and I haven't heard it in YEARS...... so I'm not sure where it's coming from ...... but, it fits.


"So good on paper
So romantic
But so bewildering

I know nothing stays the same
But if you're willing to play the game
It's coming around again

So don't mind if I fall apart
There's more room in a broken heart"

So..... I'll continue to fall apart, and I'll continue to play the game....... no matter how bewildering it gets.

xo
K.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!! Beth

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...