Wednesday, February 27, 2013

i crack myself up

Anybody who knows me, knows this.

I think I am hilarious.

Homework in our home, like in every home across the nation, is a nightmare.

Tonight I set the timer for thirty minutes (suggested by my son's teacher).

At the end of the thirty minutes there was a pile of eraser shreddings, lots of blanks, lots of wrong answers, and I think one or two corrected answers.

Then it was time for reading. (Which I have stopped arguing about, and checking on).

I?

Did not react to the drama that was - homework.

My son apparently noticed.

BECAUSE....

He apologized for his bad attitude during homework.

I was like.....

huh?

He said "I'm sorry for giving you a bad attitude during my homework."

I said "Oh. I didn't notice......."

He apologized again.

I said "If you gave me a bad attitude, I didn't notice."

He could not hide his shock and confusion.

I would mark today as a success in my challenge.

xo
K.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo!!!
and that child has an unnatural obsession with pencil sharpeners!!
:)
Kim

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...