Thursday, February 28, 2013

how

How.

I am committed. I am. I am giving this everything I have. Everything I am.

Everything I am today that is.

Because who I am, what I am, what I could be capable of, what God has intended for me......

I'm not that person yet.

Today, according to the perimeters of my own challenge, was a success.

But today in general?

Was not a success......

How.

How can I push through? Push through and SHOW my daughter that healing will free her?

How do I remove her anger? Her rage?

Today. At the end of this successful day..... a day that I didn't yell, or react, a day that I remained calm, a day that I didn't let her words pierce my heart?

I sit.

Heartbroken.

Tears falling.

Because I don't know...

How.

xo
K.

3 comments:

Richele said...

Find that one spot - don't get overwhelmed ...

http://www.proverbs31.org/devotions/tearing-down-impossible-2013-02/

Julie said...

K,

You never mention how she responds to T. Is she angry and throwing tantrums with him too, or is a female relating to mom that gets her frustrated and full of anger?

Is he having a hard time as well?

J

Alexine Thompson-de Benoit said...

Oooh sweetness, how I wish I could give you a hug (even though that's not your love language ;)
Parenting is the thing that has caused me the most pain, after finally working through my marriage and being at a good, solid secure place with my husband. It's so painful to not know how, to take the punches, to feel so helpless. I hear you. I love your honesty. It takes courage. And God sees you and sees each tear that drops... May you feel His comfort in those moments and know that you are not alone.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...