Do you ever have those mornings where you just fill your coffee cup with tears?
I do.
And you should know something.
A LOT of us do.
We shed tears over past mistakes, future fears, regret, guilt, extra pounds, skipping a workout, and a multitude of other things.
I've said it before and I'm going to say it again......
I feel like social media could easily kill us.
Whenever I'm on facebook I feel like a complete failure as I look at all the rosy cheeks, and happy smiles, the "A's" on reports,the weight lost from a new diet plan...... I see friends from my past loaded with six pack abs and seemingly normal children, all the while some? Are also juggling a career in there..... and I feel crushed under the weight of it all.
Then?
I have coffee with a friend.
A real, live, person.
We both cry into our coffee mugs ...... hoping that we are going to survive this..... that our children will not only grow up happy and successful, but.... that they will love us at the end of it all..... (before we are dead and they have children of their own).
We share.
We are honest.
We both admit that we are trying our best, but, on many days? We don't know what the heck we are doing.
We support eachother. We meet eachother right there. In that moment.
We realize we are far from being alone.
In fact? We are the norm.
You? Are the norm.
Facebook? Not real.
You?
Real.
We need to have coffee with our friends more often.
We need to get back on the phone for actual phone calls if that's at all possible.
We need to take walks and TALK to one another.
We need to allow vulnerability back into our lives.
Then?
Everything will seem a little more doable.
xo
K.
3 comments:
I don't comment often.. but AMEN! Amen! Hugs from sunny Florida!
less facebook; more face time
"Facebook? Not real.
You?
Real.
We need to have coffee with our friends more often."
YES! Love that!
Post a Comment