Monday, August 20, 2012
hitting my stride
I cannot believe it's been so long since I've posted anything. I don't even know who reads this thing anymore.
Goodness. You must think my life has become ....... boring.
Let me assure you. Things are not boring here. I just don't know how to approach the blog anymore. I tested the waters with blogging a bit too ..... openly ...... perhaps I had let too much build up....... I decided to let the waters of vulnerability and honesty to flow ..... and it was as if an emotional dam burst.
Then I said, ah, whatever, I'll just post about settling into life here in South Korea... But. We've been there and done that people.
So. Let me ask you. What is it you're curious about?
The kids are a pretty interesting topic. My little K bug...... OK. He? Gets into bed beside me every single night..... and? He wakes me with kisses..... It's good stuff. Super cute. He is a love bug.
Our little, delicate, flower of a daughter M...... WOW is she ....... going to be ...... a strong ..... fierce.... woman. Haha!!! She has been TOUGH..... REAL tough.... especially since the move. I think we are dealing with attachment disorder stuff, moving across the world stuff, and... strong willed daughter/mother clashing stuff. I'm in the mode of having had "tried everything" and I don't know if it's God, my age, my pure exhaustion at the end of each day, or what.... but, I'm dealing with it. I think it will be OK eventually.... and if not? Well, then..... we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
J-man. Totally different kid then even just a few months ago. For the better. I think the biggest help was .... (call me humble) .... me. He's had more of me than he's ever had..... We have every morning together..... I am around a lot more..... T and I are in such a predictable routine here...... I think just having me. A lot. Consistently. Is doing wonders for him.
We could talk about how different life feels in the "40's." I'm 43 and feel like I'm getting into some sort of stride.... A life stride (hmmmm.... no fair that it's a shoe brand, that takes some meaning away). I hear things differently..... I say things differently..... Mostly? I feel things ...... differently. And I like it.
I don't have too many funny Korean stories yet..... I did have one funny thing.... I was trying to call the appliance people because our fridge was filled with water one morning..... Nobody would answer so I called the housing people and told them, explaining that I know I wasn't supposed to call them, but, the appliance people weren't answering.... what was I supposed to do?
The nice man on the other end of the line said : "Oh That. Is. Your. Problem. (insert his laughter)"..... Koreans don't really use emphasis like we do..... Like it could be HEARD.... Oh, that's YYYOOOOUUUURRRRR problem..... I THINK what he was TRYING to convey was that yes. I had a problem here. The fact that he called the appliance people FOR me was evidence that he wasn't being rude when he told me it was my problem.
We could talk about fitness and the lack of it in my life. My (big) plan is to get back to "it" when school starts.... It's been forever and I'm sick of feeling flabby.
I've met some great people here and have settled in quite nicely. We had a get together just over a week ago and it was a blast. We had a full house, tons of food and drink, and everyone had fun... We haven't done that in a while, and it felt great.
Ahhhh there she goes..... my little princess has stomped down the hall, arms crossed in front of her, all in a huff..... The problem with the drama? It's far less dramatic when it happens every two mintues. I'm sure that my lack of reaction really gets her goat. And that? Kind of makes me giggle.
I think my biggest strength as a Mom right now is actually one of my biggest character flaws..... Stubborness.
xo
K.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it's my choice now
I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting. Going throug...
-
I have been smiling since about 4:30. It is hard to post about today, because there is so much that happened. Each day our court time was sc...
-
We went to the court house today. My Sister E stayed in the car with the twins, so the twins would be "available" for a visit with...
1 comment:
Thanks for the update - I miss you!
So glad to hear the quality time with J is reaping benefits.
As for all of the parenting opportunities, our 'super nanny' has all these great suggestions, tricks, methods, etc. that WORK, and I'm always wondering why I didn't think of that. However, I still find myself getting bogged down in the arena of being outnumbered. I get exhausted over the constant, more than the actual issues - I think. It leaves me kind of inept at dealing.
So glad all is well!
Post a Comment