Saturday, July 14, 2012

just keep swimming

Remember that part in "Finding Nemo" .... ? I think it's Dorrie.... and she's saying it to Marlin.... I realized something last week.... or maybe it was this week.... It's hard to say because the last few weeks have been a blur. Anyway. I realized that if we just put one foot in front of the other foot .... walking in obedience .... that The Lord will bless us. I didn't want to be stationed in Korea. BUT. The feeling that nudges me, that ALWAYS nudges me, nudged me. Being thankful. Thankful that I have T. That he is alive. That he is here TO GET orders - anywhere. So I was. Thankful. As we landed in Korea I kept waiting for the feeling of peace to fill me. It didn't. I kept walking. One foot, other foot...... I felt something wet on my feet. It was K2's tears. Big. Huge. Tears. What's wrong? I asked.... I WANT TO GO HOME MOMMY..... I WANT TO GO HOME MOM....... and he repeated this, over and over and over as we made our way to baggage claim. One foot, other foot ....... We were greeted by several men in T's unit. Nice, nice, men. Sweet. Kind. Engaging. Helpful. One foot, other foot..... All our luggage arrived. Our drive was smooth. Our hotel rooms were fine. One foot, other foot..... Friends I have here immediately - and fully - embraced us. One foot, other foot .... We got nice housing. One foot, other foot ..... Friends have blessed us with SO MUCH to get by with as we wait for our shipments. One foot, other foot ..... Last night I heard these words come out of my mouth, shocking T and I, equally, and completely: "It feels good to be back here." Just keep swimming. Just keep walking. You will be blessed. xo K.

1 comment:

Kelly Elizabeth said...

I am always so proud of you pinksies.... you are so strong and I admire how well you are able to figure things out.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...