Saturday, May 19, 2012

here we go again

This blog originally started as a way to keep folks informed on our overseas move to South Korea, and for updates on our adoption process. Here we go again..... Ahhhh. No. Not another adoption. Another move. Back over to South Korea. In just over a week our first set of (three) movers will arrive. As with our last move we will have one set of movers come to pack up our "household goods", one set come to pack up our "hold baggage" (express shipment, that will go by air, containing the items we "can't live without"), the third set of movers will come to pack up the items that will go in long term "storage." Right now I'm walking around the house doing my usual purging..... Even with all the things I get rid of, donate, sell, etc.... I still feel that we have too many things..... Things that are just for decorating..... For some reason I don't like the weight of "stuff." Moving time is when I see my control issues come out in full force.... I can't control much of anything in life, so I organize. And organize. And organize. I prepare. I plan. Then I organize some more. The kids and I are still not on T's "orders"...... This is an issue that I am trying not to be concerned about..... We want to be on his orders so that we can travel together as a family, to Korea.... and also so that we can be there when T takes command of his battalion. Paperwork is not in our control at this point.... all we can do is continue to inquire, letting the powers that be know that we would REALLY like this wrapped up. We shall see. I had some pretty funny Korean experiences the first time around..... So, sit back, and get ready for the next adventure. xo K.

No comments:

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...