It's a rainy Saturday here....
We are finally at the point I've been looking forward to.... A Saturday where the kids are content kind of just hanging out..... watching TV, playing DS's, playing with trains, coloring..... A day that I don't have to run them for fifteen miles in order for them to be .....
quiet.
We have been slowly starting to decorate the house, bit by bit, to welcome T home.
It's not time yet, but, we (I) am working in a nice, steady, anticipation period, so that the children sense that it's getting closer.
I heard the news of the helicopter going down.
About the loss of life.
And I realized, in a fresh way, why I don't watch the news. It may sound strange. It may sound ignorant.
All I know is that I function better when it's just me, The Lord, T and the kids..... no news, no media, just simple trust, hope, and communication.
With nothing to cloud my faith.
My trust.
My hope...
that soon T will be wrapping me in his big, strong, arms....
soon.
xo
K.
1 comment:
you have been so storng through his whole deployment! I am so excited for the day he gets back and you get to take a bath with a glass of wine without one ear to the kids! And of course, that you get to have him around and be united as a family again. But definitely a peaceful bath is in my wishes for you! Beth
Post a Comment