We've been doing pretty well maintaining what we learned with our last therapist visit....
To the outside world, I dare say, we probably look fairly "normal"..... (because, really ...... what is normal these days?)
During our last visit, our therapist introduced us to the world of Neurological Reorganization. (I feel pretty fancy and smart when I say this to people).
We've linked up with our newest professional, who does NR for a living. We've had all three children evaluated via Skype (from NC). And? It is fascinating. The idea of NR is basically looking at how a normal, healthy, brain should work. And? The windows into seeing the brain..... through things like writing, crawling, creeping, skipping, walking, running, hopping, eye movement.....
In about three weeks, we will "meet" with our therapist again, and go over each child's program.
Then. We will begin.
How long we will do these programs is yet to be determined..... every brain and every client is different.
One thing we are told is.... this therapy works. If it is prioritized, and done correctly, it will work.
Our kids will have individual programs filled with crawling, creeping, spinning, "patterning" and other various activities.......
Patterning is an activity where you essentially mimic the movements a infant SHOULD do while they are having "tummy time"....... Something our kiddos probably did not get much of.
A few months ago none of our kids could creep. It sounds crazy, but, it's true...... they also could not crawl. (Crawl is like the Army crawl on your belly, creep is moving forward on your hands and knees)...... We were told to try this out - we did - and were shocked. How can a nine year old not know how to crawl? Simple. They never DID. And. If there are lots of areas in the brain that were not developed properly..... well then...... I suppose there are a lot of things a person would not be able to do...
So then. It's time to get working on the brains in our home..... so we can be healthy and progress.
All of this begs the question..... What on earth will my book ACTUALLY be about? What IS our adoption story exactly? I may need to make this unwritten ...... thing..... a series!
Mercy.
xo
K.
2 comments:
That is fascinating! I would definitely read your book, however you decided to write it! :)
I'll be praying for your sweet family. :)
Post a Comment