Is anybody still there?
Yes. I've been out of the loop for a couple of weeks. T came home for "R&R" (rest and relaxation). We had two weeks together (with the kids of course) and it was wonderful.
Just T's PRESENCE made everything OK.
We celebrated the twins' fourth birthdays... we bought the kids bikes (desperately needed)..... We sat on the couch and watched TV together (it's the simple things)..... It was perfect. Well, as perfect as a two week visit in the middle of a year long deployment can be.
One thing I do believe is this..... I believe that CONSTANTLY having to kiss farewell in airports makes me truly appreciate what an incredible man I've married. It makes me treasure every - single - second that we have together. It puts disagreements into perspective (ie - not wanting to waste time on something ..... on anything that isn't beneficial to us as a couple).
I realize every day just how madly in love I am with T. In fact I love him more each day.
I am so blessed with him.
And so thankful that he is mine and I am his.
I pray that The Lord keeps him safe and that the rest of this deployement flies by.
I miss my other half...
xo
K.
2 comments:
I'm still here :) I've been waiting for the update. I am sooooo thrilled that R&R was wonderful.
Still here, and happy for the update.
Our separation circumstances are so very different; but I feel the same way about P. I hear you.
Fingers crossed for a speedy rest-of-deployment for you all - xxxxx
Post a Comment