Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Play groups. Yes.

I've had two close friends, repeatedly suggest to me that I might want to try joining a play group.

I'm not sure why I hesitated.

Maybe I'm not much of a joiner? Is it that I'm a control freak? Do I fear commitment? (sarcasm)

It FEELS like it would be easier to hunker down, stay as a family unit, and tackle the day solo.

It's not.

Anyway - I compromised.

I STARTED a play group. (I guess that confirms my control freakness)

I met K and L at the park this morning.

K has boy/boy twins who are 23 months old, and a 5 year old daughter.

L has girl/boy twins who are 27 months old, and a 4 year old daughter.

WWWEEEEEEEE have 23 month old girl/boy twins and a 5 year old son.

It was a perfect match - all the way around.

It was so nice to be around women who are quite literally, in the same shoes as me.

We had plenty of snacks and drinks and sippy cups, and we all understood that our kids wanted the other kids snacks and sippy cups, more than their own.

I loved it. So did the kids. The twins are still conked out in their crib.

xo
K

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Play groups are such a sanity saver!!

I started out at a 'new moms group' at our hospital after I had Rebecca. It spun off into a play group once our babies reached 3 months and had "graduated" from the hospital-sponsored group. Our group of moms is still going strong 9 years later! The kids don't get together much for play groups anymore but we moms still see one another at least a few times a year for a much needed "Moms Night Out!" :-)

Jennifer W said...

I love reading about your family. I am sooo happy for you all.

Jen :)

Karyn said...

Good girl.

xxx

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...