In a haze, I drove home from Whole Foods…. Wondering how we got “here”… Wondered what the future held, and if my husband was in it. I remember this moment so clearly. It was brought back to me recently when a song came on the radio. “Tell Your Heart to Beat Again” sung by Danny Gokey
I remember all of it. Some of it clearly, some of it through the fog that I walked through it in.
The room when the doctors told us they found a “massive tumor”.
The bedroom when we received the first CT results.
The living room on the couch when we received the pathology reports.
The juicing, the research, the chemo pump.
The fear that would wake us in the middle of the night.
Walking through life feeling on the outside of it all. For over five years.
We celebrated reaching five years, in December. Somehow it felt anti-climatic as we were instructed to schedule a CT in the Summer as well as an appointment with Ted’s Oncologist. We wondered… is this just how it will ALWAYS be? Is THAT the actual five year mark? Maybe this is our normal, forever.
About a month ago we met with Ted’s Oncologist.
Yesterday he had his CT.
This morning we were given the results.
And we were told we can start using a certain word.
CURED.
xo.
K.
No comments:
Post a Comment